- Press Esc + + Power. A yellow exclamation point (!) is displayed.
- Press Ctrl + D to begin dev mode, then Enter. A red exclamation point is displayed.
- Press Ctrl + D. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. This takes approximately 15 minutes.
If Forced re-enrollment is enabled for the device, you'll see a note that developer mode is blocked. This shortens the wipe process, and still allows for re-enrollment when the device automatically reboots into verified mode.
- When the transition completes, press the spacebar, then press Enter to return to verified mode.
- Enroll the Chromebook before signing in to it.